While winter is the perfect time in Georgia to enjoy your fireplace, spring and summer are ideal times to ensure that your fireplace is ready for the next cold snap. Spring may even be a little better than summer for scheduling a chimney inspection and cleaning, since the weather hasn’t ramped up to the high temperatures more typical in, say, August. Heat and humidity can cause your chimney to release an unpleasant odor in the home. There are at least seven other good reasons to have a spring or summer chimney cleaning and inspection.
10 Reasons for a Chimney Cleaning in Spring or Summer
Savvy homeowners remember that chimneys may be out of sight, but they should not be out of mind when it comes to maintenance and upkeep. The safety of your home and family can depend upon the condition of your fireplace and chimney. Check out the following reasons to schedule a chimney cleaning and/or inspection in the months between winter and fall.
1. You can ease the financial stress associated with winter holidays by taking care of chimney maintenance in spring or summer. Your chimney could need repair, but it may not be obvious to you. Trained, professional chimney technicians know what to look for during an inspection. The goal is to ensure that a chimney is in good working condition and free from moisture damage and other problems that can cause deterioration.
2. Avoid cold nights in winter by handling chimney maintenance when it’s warm outside. It can be more difficult to perform needed repairs during inclement winter weather. In addition, it’s necessary to discontinue the use of your fireplace for a full 24 hours prior to repair appointments. You may need to go one or more nights without the added heat from your fireplace, if you wait until the weather gets cold again.
3. Whatever repairs or services you need from a chimney sweep, you’ll find that the experts’ schedules are much busier in winter. You are more likely to get the technicians you want and the repair appointment you need during the months when fireplaces are not in use.
5. If you wait too long, finding an available technician may be enough of a challenge that you feel tempted to go ahead and perform a chimney cleaning yourself. This is very messy work that looks easier when professionals do it, since they have all the right equipment.
6. During an inspection, chimney professionals can often identify problems that homeowners are unaware of, such as debris or some other type of blockage in the chimney. When a chimney becomes obstructed and a fire is lit, deadly carbon monoxide could leak into the home and cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
7. You will have peace of mind, knowing that your chimney is ready for winter when it rolls back around.
Contact Chimney Solutions today!
Contact Chimney Solutions today, for help from dedicated chimney professionals. Like most experts, our schedules are more flexible in spring and summer. We are always more in-demand in fall and winter. Give us a call today.