Chattanooga TN Chimney Leak Repair
Chimney Solutions of Chattanooga provides chimney leak repair and prevention in the Greater Chattanooga area along with Northwest Georgia from Rome GA to Rossville GA. Other communities in our service area include Collegedale TN, Walden TN, Rossville GA, and Ringgold GA.
A leaky chimney is no fun. It also can be quite expensive and dangerous. Fortunately, there are ways to resolve and prevent chimney leaks at your Chattanooga home with professional service by your local chimney experts.
What Causes Chimney Leaks?
In the chimney services business, we call a leak any situation where water is getting into your chimney. Water and chimneys don’t mix, so it’s important to address this issue as soon as it’s spotted.
A leaky chimney at your Chattanooga home can be caused by:
- Damaged chimney cap or chimney chase top, which allows water to run into the flue
- Using your chimney with no type of cap or covering
- Cracks in the concrete chimney crown that let water move into the flue and the bricks below the crown
- Cracked bricks, crumbling mortar joints or other masonry damage
- Warped or rusted (or missing) chimney flashing, which seals the gap between your chimney and roof
- Excess moisture from combustion seeping into the bricks because of a damaged chimney liner
These are some of the more common causes of chimney leaks that we find in our Chattanooga customers’ homes. There are others, and we know them all.
Keep an Eye out for Leaks in Your Chimney
While nothing can replace a professional chimney inspection done by our certified technicians, an occasional look-over by you can spot many early chimney leak issues.
Things to watch for that may indicate a leak problem include:
- Water in your firebox
- White staining (efflorescence) on the exterior of the chimney
- Wet patches or stains on the walls or ceiling near your chimney
- A strong musty odor coming from the fireplace
- Obvious damage to the chimney crown, chimney cap, masonry or flashing
If you spot any of these issues, call your local Chattanooga chimney pros to come out and get the problem resolved.
How We Repair Leaky Chimneys
Chimney leak resolution starts with an inspection, which will tell us where the leak is happening, how much damage has been done and the best way to resolve the issue.
Fixing a leaky chimney often involves:
- Repairing damaged bricks and mortar
- Repairing or replacing damaged chimney covers and flashing
- Repairing or rebuilding deteriorated chimney crowns
- Determining why excess combustion moisture is inside your flue and advising you on how to keep this from happening
After we’ve fixed the leak and repaired areas of damage, the next step is to apply a coating of industrial-grade chimney waterproofing. We use a product that effectively keeps water away from the masonry while allowing the masonry to “breathe” and thereby not trap moisture.
The Right Solutions for a Leaky Chimney
Chimney Solutions works year-round in the Chattanooga area to help homeowners keep their chimneys safe, efficient and leak-free. Call us at 423-551-9912 or contact us online.
1155 McFarland 400 Drive Alpharetta, GA, 30004 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org • (770) 255-1300